1200 kilometers, 90 hours, 6000 riders, alot of flapjack and not much sleep!

Tuesday 19 July 2011

Denmead 400

a cracking night and day out despite starting in a very shakey way for me ...basically a 400k ride will bite you hard if you go into it with a large sleep debt and having not eaten properly (in my case too much too near the start of the ride) ...suffice to say I almost packed at Amesbury with massive indigestion and no energy in the legs department.  However 10 rides into a RRTY and knowing that Els would never pack in such circumstances I decided to see how the next 50k to Frome would be.  I'm very glad I did as things settled down, some enregy arrived and what started as a nightmare turned into another great ride out with top friends.   Cheddar Gorge at 3am was a treat and WSM at 4.30 am looked like aliens had abducted everyone!  The return 200 was a joy in the sunshine ...previously only seen illuminated by a few feet of LED lighting!  We cruised back ...90hour touriste style,  making the most of the novelty of summer audaxing!

Audaxing ghosts!
Dawn in Weston Super Mare


Glastonbury Tor

The Blackmore Vale
Gold Hill - Shaftesbury

1 comment: