1200 kilometers, 90 hours, 6000 riders, alot of flapjack and not much sleep!

Thursday 24 March 2011

The Scales of Truth

This may not seem like a big deal to alot of poeple ....but the above two numbers mark a major milestone on my road to PBP....and I probably haven't been under 15 Stone for over 15 years!

It a simple truth that the lighter you are the easier it will be to climb and I need all the help I can get. Three and a half years ago, before I started auaxing, my weight had crept up year on year until I reached a rather shameful 18 stone (252 pounds, 115 kilos)....all those miles have gradually wittled that weight off ....it's hard work ....there is no secret:

Eat less , move more

but for a lifetime foodie it's been a real mental struggle. My target weight for PBP is 13 Stone 10lbs (87 kilos) ...the lower end of my healthy weight range according to my BUPA health check back in September. ...it's still a long journey ...but this milestone is a great motivator.

No comments:

Post a Comment