1200 kilometers, 90 hours, 6000 riders, alot of flapjack and not much sleep!

Monday 14 February 2011

not 3 Lions ....but 5

Once again you can choose the day but you can't choose the weather ...if only I had gone out on Saturday! Yesterday was one of those days where you can barely see where you are going on a fast downhill because the rain is stinging your face so much! It was another knuckle down and get on with getting fit again. However this time I remebered to bring cash so was able to enjoy a hot drink and a slice of flapjack not once but twice ....first time hot choc at the Beaches cafe and then my first visit to the tea rooms in Compton ...which won't be my last! There I met a couple of fellow wheelmen tucking into tea and cake who sheepishly admitted they had only cycled up the few miles from Emsworth before hiding from the rain...I did try and stop the owner from handing over the cake as they hadn't earned it yet!!

So another wet day on the bike but better than a wet day in the office ...or something like that ;-) ....88k in my legs and definitely feeling stronger than last week. Here's the photo from Teglease down .....spot the difference?


bigger puddles!

p.s.
I must have ridden my regular Meon Valley / South Downs training ride 20 or more times and it was only last week that I noticed out of the 10 or so pubs that I ride past 5 of them are called either the Red Lion , White Lion etc....so this time I managed to grab the proof...as you can see from the slide show on the right.



No comments:

Post a Comment