1200 kilometers, 90 hours, 6000 riders, alot of flapjack and not much sleep!

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Crisp and Dry

What a difference a dry day can make! I was struggling to remember when the last time I had a ride without some rain and despite it being grey and overcaste it was a welcome change. Also the last few weeks of these regular South Downs rides are starting to pay off as I am definitely feeling fitter. Not much to report for Sundays excursion ...the usual collection of birds of prey and a little bit of spring like bird song occasionally heard. Naturally it would have been churlish not to pop into the usual cafe's so I enjoyed a nice chat with Al who runs the Beaches cafe at the sustainabillity centre and later a cuppa and chat with fellowcyclists in the tea rooms in Comptom ...the latter seems ot be a bit of a local hub ..even drawing people down from Liss!

It's the Kennett Valley Run 200K Audax next weekend so I won't be out on this route for a couple of weeks ...hopefully next time I can report that Spring has sprung and hpefully I also be able to bring in the South Harting extension. Here's the usual photo from Tegleaze down: spot the difference?
the fallen down signpost has disappeared ....gone for repairs or has someome taken a fancy to it ...I must check in Dave's garden....

No comments:

Post a Comment