1200 kilometers, 90 hours, 6000 riders, alot of flapjack and not much sleep!

Saturday 13 August 2011

West Bay and back 200

I loved this ride back in 2008 .....and loved it even more in 2011.  Being significantly lighter and fitter certainly makes a big difference for all those hills on the return leg back from West Bay.  This event was my last before PBP, a relatively lumpy 200 to keep the legs in good shape before easing off for the next couple of weeks.  It was also my number 12 for my first RRTY (you have to complete a 200k ride or longer for 12 consecutive months), although I only admitted this to Lee when we were 3k from the end as not to tempt fate! I think my RRTY award is just as satisfying as my first SR ..there were some very cold 200's completed during the winter to get it.








No comments:

Post a Comment